MACS Automotive Warranty Terms & Conditions
- No warranty claim can be accepted unless the correctly completed warranty registration form has been received by MACS no later than two calendar weeks after installation of the compressor.
- The aircon system must be flushed with an effective MACS – approved flushing solvent using an appropriate flushing machine/device.*
- The receiver drier or accumulator must not be flushed and reused, but must be replaced with a suitable new receiver drier or accumulator.
- The replacement compressor must be suitable in terms of performance, capacity and application to the system it is operating on.
- All work on the system must be carried out by qualified personnel. MACS reserves the right to require proof of this should it be deemed necessary.
- The system should be free of all leaks. All pulley belts should be of the correct type and tension/s. Safety procedures should be observed.
- In systems where a parallel flow type condenser is used, the condenser needs to be replaced by a suitable new parallel flow type condenser.
- All filter screens, expansion valves and orifice tubes should also be replaced with suitable and correctly sized replacements.
- Only the correct type and quantity of oil should be used. I.e. if the compressor is charged with PAG oil, only an approved oil with the same properties should be used for top-up. The oil level of the compressor should always be checked even if the compressor has a label stating that it is supplied with oil. MACS recommends draining all oil from the compressor and only then adding oil.
- The drop in compressor oil level due to oil distribution throughout the system must be compensated for by an appropriate addition al amount of oil being added over and above the compressor own oil requirements.
- Different oil types should never be mixed and care should always be taken that the correct viscosity oils are always used.
- Only approved refrigerants should be used. Refrigerants should be free of moisture and contaminants and the correct amounts of refrigerant charge should always be used.
- The warranty, if approved, covers only the replacement of the compressor and excludes any consequential/secondary damage and/or costs arising therefrom.
- Compressors carry a 12 month or 25,000 km warranty period (whichever occurs first).
- The warranty for off-road application vehicles (e.g. earth moving equipment, tractors, harvesters, mining machinery, etc), is 3 months / 1000 hours. These terms are restricted to the conditions under which the vehicle operates and warranty subsists at the sole discretion of MACS. Compressors fitted to such vehicles should have the correct specifications for such applications, e.g. the compressor must have a dust cover.
- Remanufactured / reconditioned compressors carry a 3 month warranty.
- Goods will be disposed of after 10 working days after date of request, where feedback has been requested from the customer but none has been received.
- Should any goods have been disassembled or tampered with in any way by a party other than MACS, the warranty will be void and no warranty inspection will be carried out on the components.
- Electrical components/parts do not carry a warranty.
*AN EFFECTIVE FLUSHING FLUID SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- IT MUST BE ABLE TO DISSOLVE GREASE & CONTAMINANTS WITHIN THE SYSTEM AND BE ABLE TO BE PURGED FROM THE SYSTEM LEAVING NO RESIDUE.
- IT MUST NOT DAMAGE OR WEAKEN ANY SEALS, GASKETS OR OTHER COMPONENTS IN THE SYSTEM.
- IT MUST EVAPORATE RAPIDLY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE SYSTEM IS VACUUMED PROPERLY BEFORE ASSEMBLY!
This warranty does not cover defects or malfunctions, which result from causes beyond MACS’s control, including, without limitation, (i) unusual physical or electrical stress; (ii) abuse, accident, misuse, neglect or other abnormal use; (iii) failure to perform routine maintenance in accordance with specific vehicle manufacturer’s recommended procedures; (iv) normal wear and tear; (v) Product repairs or attempted product repairs by an unauthorized person; (vi) alterations or modifications to the product; or (vii) improper servicing.
MACS Automotive Aircon (Pty) Ltd PAIA Manual