Compressors: Passenger, Commercial & Heavy-Duty
Automotive compressors serve as the heart of the air-conditioning system, responsible for pressurising the refrigerant before transferring it to the condenser, where it undergoes a crucial transformation from gas to liquid.
Functioning within the compressor is a piston, which operates by reciprocating up and down within a cylinder. During this process, as the piston descends, it induces a vacuum effect, drawing in the refrigerant and a mist of oil. We stock known makes like Denso, Valeo, Hanon, Doowan, Sanden, Sanden Huayu, Kuhl Drive, Mahle.
We also sell spare parts such as complete clutch assemblies for certain ranges and loose clutch items such as hub/coil/pulley, bearings, shaft seals, control valves and back plates (subject to selected types of compressors).
Included but not limited to: Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Renault, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Included but not limited to: Isuzu, MAN, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Toyota, Volvo and Scania.
Included but not limited to: Bell, Caterpillar, Doosan, Hitachi, JCB, John Deere, Kubota, Komatsu, Liebherr and Volvo.
We can build up some universal type compressors to your request.
- MACS Auto carries a full range of new original, new generic, and reconditioned** compressors across all compressor brands. New original and new generic carry the same warranty.
- Please contact our sales staff for all compressor queries regardless of vehicle application or brand.
- Compressors are the heart of the air-conditioning system and need to be serviced once a year (light-duty)* and every 100 hours (heavy-duty)*.
- All compressor manufacturers recommend rotation of the compressor crank by hand at least 10 times before installation. This is to ensure the compressor oil is spread to all moving components.
- Always check oil type and quantity when retrofitting a new compressor!
* These times can vary depending on operating conditions (dust, ambient temperatures etc.).
** Please contact your branch for more information.